Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question?
We're here to help.
The co-founders are a father daughter duo who have collaborated to produce a self-assessment compliance efficiency tool, that can be used by anyone with a PC and Microsoft Excel. Kevin Hyams is the CEO of GRC Playbook and is a chartered accountant, CPA and certified fraud examiner with 35 years’ experience producing efficiency tools for major multinationals & big 4 accounting firms. Michali Hyams is COO of GRC Playbook and a policy and advocacy specialist with a graduate diploma of law and an M.Phil from TCD.
Our product has global applicability. While EU or US regulations may appear to only govern businesses operating in that geographical location, they apply to any international organisations wishing to do business within that domestic market. Regulations are constantly being updated, so there is always a need for compliance tools to keep businesses compliant with applicable mandates.
GRC Playbook is a software efficiency tool designed to allow individuals and organisations to easily demonstrate their compliance with laws regulations and company policies. It also enables organisations to assess the degree to which they are optimising profitability and growth potential.
Our business development tool enables our subscribers to offer a complete suite of GRC services to their current and prospective clients. Our service is both a software programme & a complimentary library of subject matter playbooks. This growing library of Playbooks – fully loaded control, compliance and profitability self-assessment modules – are designed to automate & enhance the assessment & documentation process with minimal training, cost & setup time.
The contents of the Playbooks are simplified from authoritative source materials so that accountants can increase the scope of their consulting work without the need to do specialist research on the topics covered by our modules. The authoritative guidance, all source materials are hyperlinked straight into the self-assessment.
GRC Playbook enhances your reputation & profile by establishing their firm as a “full-service” organisation in the eyes of clients & prospects.
With our innovative software solution & extensive library of playbooks, GRC Playbook provides customers with the ability to offer value-added services that can command higher fees & can be value-billed. The out of the box, ready to go appeal of our subscription allows firms a business development alternative to audit & other attest engagements which allows for lower-risk, lower-exposure engagements (working with & supporting management) that deepens their relationship with owners, directors, principals, officers & senior management of their client organisations.
While compiling the subject matter available in our subscription package & authoring the playbooks contained in our modules requires expertise knowledge & understanding, performing the compliance check does not. We have done the hard work so they don’t have to.
Consultants will be able to offer their clients a new range of services including:
- Enterprise Risk Management Services
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Board & Audit Committee Advisory
- Fraud, Waste & Abuse Prevention & Detection Assessment
- Growth & Profitability Enhancement
- Internal Audit (Co-sourcing, Out-sourcing & Transformation)
- IT Audit & Security Assessments
- Business Process Improvement
- Cost Recovery Review
Our current library of playbooks has modules on a number of international compliance regulations. As we are a member of an International accounting network, we have the contacts & opportunity to offer this product to those on an international scale at a very early stage.
Below is a list of some of the most immediately applicable modules for international accountancy firms.
- Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Assessments:
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) in the USA –COSO ICFR Framework (Updated 2013)
- SOX 404(a) & 404(b) ICFR “Readiness” and/or Assessment
- UK Combined Code of Corporate Governance (updated 2012)
- The Deutscher Corporate Governance Kodex – German Corporate Governance Code (2002 & periodically amended)
- J-SOX in Japan (2006)
- C-SOX in Canada – CoCo Framework (1995)
- The Dutch Corporate Governance Code (2003)
- The Corporate Law Economic Reform Program Act (CLERP 9) in Australia (2004)
- The Financial Security Law of France (LSF) (2003)
- Clause 49 of the Listing Agreement to the Indian Stock Exchange (amended 2015)
- King III Report on Corporate Governance in South Africa (2010)
- Code of Corporate Governance Practices in Nigeria (2003)
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption Assessments – FCPA, BSA/AML, etc. (Anti-bribery & anti-corruption statutes are being introduced around the world)
- As of May 2014, 41 countries have ratified or acceded to the OECD
We know there are many compliance software tools options available. However, none of them have the innovative combination we provide. GRC Playbook provides a compliance software that is integrated with a tool already familiar to our user, a design that allows complete flexibility & ease of use, & modules authored by a world authority on governance, risk & compliance.
Though our affordable subscription-based model, organisations need only purchase the number of licenses required for their specific needs, & can increase their number of licences based on the growth of their practice, making it an extremely low risk investment. Once subscribed, our users can download modules on a growing range on topics relating to Internal Control (ICFR); Data Security; Privacy; Regulatory Mandates; Growth & Profitability & Risk Management depending on the needs of their client or organisation. Subscriber are entitled to download any or all of our modules during their subscription periods, & there is no limit to the number of times you can download a playbook. We also offer value added services such as high level flow charts, policy documents, online training videos & literature on how to gain the most out of your subscription.